PNWPWDC held a Water Workshop and one day Trial with our own Sarah Kahn in Woodland, WA last weekend, and what a success it was! Our summer here in the Pacific Northwest has been very cold and most of us have not been in the water more than a few times this year, so it was wonderful to jump start a late season under Sarah’s excellent guidance.
Our Trial was a success by any measure-we have a wonderful crop of Junior and Apprentice dogs coming up and it was great to see 6 new Junior water dogs and others so very close. Our Apprentice class had one qualifier but many that are very nearly ready. We also had a fantastic Courier entry of 8 teams. Unfortunately no qualifiers this time, but many that are literally within feet of success. Our older veterans worked their magic with 3 for 3 in the Versatility class. Not bad for a very early season trial! (Special thanks to Rebecca for giving up her Courier spot for two successful Junior day-of entries.)
We had lots of new faces at the trial this year, and also fun to have several visitors from California and Alberta — thanks for making the long drive. Hope to see many of the new Juniors continuing on with their training and trialing.
As usual, none of this could have happened without the work of our fantastic volunteers-Special thanks for site set-up and equipment to Dave Sliger, Ken Kongorski, and Jim Smith. Suzanne Malick took care of the stewards and equipment check-in, and also organized the excellent raffle and goody bags. Special thanks to Cynthia Kongorski for the custom-made nautical themed collars-my girls are wearing theirs and are looking very stylish! Julie Hicks and Nancy Ryan took on the hospitality duties and made sure everyone was well-fed every day. Katrina Jackson and Janet Boyd took care of the trophies and ribbons, which were lovely as usual. And of course thanks to everyone who pitched in to steward-we can’t do it without you!
Thanks also to those who donated the fantastic items to the raffle. We had plenty of great donations from club members, including original artwork, working gear bags and secondary targets from Suzanne, self-righting markers from Mandy, and donations from 4mypwds.com and gossamerdesigns.net. The raffle was very successful in raising funds to offset the trial expenses.
Thanks again to Sarah for a great workshop, and for judging the trial!
Our qualifiers for the PNWPWDC July 18, 2010 trial are:
- Zaq and Dave Sliger, Amarinhar Zaq of All Trades
- Apollo and Judy Knorr, Fog Horn Apollo
- Baxter and Lori Blankenbecler, Aviator’s Rock’n Baxter B
- Tsuzi and Julie Hicks, D’Agua Tsunami RN
- Dover and Kimberley Hart, Cascade Del Sur Dover
- Sinta and Kerstin Weinburg, CH Vinduro’s By All Means
- Cali and Debbie Tubbs, Cortereal Heaven Sent
- Chili and Suzanne Malick, U-CH HIT Stargazer’s Lookout Hot Stuff CD C-CD RA AX AXJ CWDX GROM
- Jude and Dixie Matson, CH MACH Bayswater Jubilee Jude CDX RA FX
- Decker and Suzanne Malick, Am/Can CH Stargazer’s Hit the Deck CD RE AX AXJ CWDX SROM
Team Spirit Award
- Bella and Amanda Ford, U-CD CH Stargazer’s Astrud Isabella CD RA CWD SROM