A two-day water trial will be held in accordance with the provisions of the Portuguese Water Dog Club of America (PWDCA) water trial manual and updates, copies of which may be downloaded at no charge from the PWDCA website.
The trial will be held at Flowing Lake Park, Snohomish, WA on August 26 and 27, 2017. The trial is open to all levels from Junior through Master. Amanda Ford from Coupeville, Washington will be the water trial judge.
Even if you don’t have a dog trialing in water work, come out to watch the PWDs in action at Flowing Lake Park.
The order of the trialing classes are as follows: Junior to Master on Saturday, August 26, and Master to Junior on Sunday, August 27.
The starting schedule for both trial days:
- 7:30 AM: Check-in and equipment checks
- 8:00 AM: Briefings
- 8:30 AM: Trial starts with the first dog
There is also a limited entry Match available on Friday afternoon August 25, 2017. The Match is open to trial volunteers.
There are two options available to enter the trial online for mail-in. If you have questions regarding the online process, please contact Cynthia Kongorski.
Lottery Close: Tuesday, July 25, 2017
Trial Entry Close: Tuesday, August 8, 2017
Online Entry Instructions
- Download and read the August Water Trial Premium. The premium has important information about the water trial, the Friday Match, parking fees, lunch orders, and more.
- The preferred way to enter the water trial or sign-up to volunteer and register for the practice session is online. You may pay by MasterCard or Visa or with your PayPal account. Please note the following:
a. Complete one online entry form per dog.
b. After you have completed an online entry form, you will be taken to the Volunteer / Match Sign-up form where you also may register for the Friday Match.
c. You will receive system generated emails with the confirmation that both your Entry and Volunteer / Match sign-up forms have been received.
New for 2017
Lunch: A lunch buffet will be available for pre-purchase for Saturday and Sunday. The cost is $12.50 per day, per person. Beverages will be provided. Pre-orders are required for your lunch to select your sandwich or wrap option. Gluten-free options are available. Deadline to purchase lunches at the trials is Wednesday, August 23, 2017.
Judge’s Dinner: Generously donated and catered by Cindy and Rick Thorson, the Judge’s dinner will be held at Flowing Lake at the large picnic shelter on Saturday, August 26. Timing of the dinner will be announced after the trial closes. Reservations requested for planning purposes.
Purchase your lunch and make your dinner reservation through Ships Locker.
Mail-In Entry Instructions
- Download and read the August Water Trial Premium. The premium has important information about the water trial, the Friday Match, parking fees, and more.
- Download water trial entry form, complete, and mail the entry form with payment to the Trial Secretary.
- Download the Volunteer / Match sign-up form, complete, and mail the form with payment (if a Match is selected) to the Trial Secretary.
Volunteer / Match Sign-up
Volunteers who work at the trials are also able to sign-up for the Match on Friday, August 25, 2017. You don’t have to be entered in the trials to sign-up for the Match–you just have to volunteer.
For those not entering the water trial, you can still help. Water trials can’t happen without dedicated volunteers. No experience is necessary for many of the stewarding positions at the water trial. Also, it’s a great way to see the trial up close.
Water Trial Trophy Sponsorship
Calling all water enthusiasts! Show your support for PNWPWDC and our annual water trials by sponsoring a trophy level at the August 2017 Flowing Lake Trial. If you’d like, feel free to include a dedication. Trophy sponsors and dedications will be included in the trial catalog. You are welcome to co-sponsor any level with a friend or friends.
If you have questions about the August water trials, please contact Cynthia Kongorski.