Celebrate the season at the club’s Holiday Party and Annual Meeting. The Holiday Party is a great place to meet old friends and make new friends, both human and canine.
Members and non-members are welcome to attend.
The Holiday Party and Annual Meeting will be held in the training building at Crystal Creek Farms, Woodinville, WA
Date: Sunday December 8, 2019
Start Time: 12:00 PM
Location: Crystal Creek Farms, Woodinville, WA
- Holiday Potluck starting at 12:30 PM
- Annual Meeting that includes the election of officers by Regular members present.
- Holiday Themed photo booth
- Year-end celebration and acknowledgement of club members and their dogs.
- K9 Gift Exchange – each guest who wishes to participate with their Portuguese Water Dog should bring a gift. The gift is for the dogs! ($10 max)
- Trick Dog Evaluations by Kelly Liedtke
Holiday Potluck Lunch
- If your Last Name begins with A to I: bring a salad, appetizers or bread to share
- If your Last Name begins with J to S: bring entrees, sides, or vegetables to share
- If your Last Name begins with T to Z: bring a dessert to share
We’d like to recognize PNWPWDC members’ achievements with their PWD(s) at the Holiday Party. Three important questions:
- Has your dog done something wonderful this year?
- Are you coming to the Annual Meeting and Holiday Party on Sunday, Dec. 8?
- Would you like your dog to be recognized by all those who attend?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to all three questions, then let us know by completing the recognition application form (click button below).
Deadline: in order to prepare, your dog’s information must be received by November 16, 2019.PWD Achievements
Trick Dog Evaluations
Bring your Portuguese Water Dog to participate not only in the K9 gift exchange, but to participate in Trick Dog evaluation and earn a title! Trick Dog evaluations will be done by Kelly Liedtke. You will need to bring your own props for the Trick Dog evaluations.
Cost: $20.00 per dog
Limit: 2 dogs per household
Show off your PWD’s tricks and earn a Trick Dog title! There are five AKC Trick Titles you and your PWD can earn. For those just starting out, for the AKC Novice Trick Dog title, your dog performs 10 skills from the Novice list. If your dog has a Canine Good Citizen (CGC) certificate or title on record at AKC, it can do 5 Novice tricks (CGC + 5) to earn the Novice title. Dogs that have completed the Novice title may also test for advanced titles. See more title information on the AKC site.
To participate in the Tricks Title evaluation and receive your title:
- Complete the event registration (see button below)
- Print and complete the AKC Trick Dog Title Application, and the Tricks Checklist for your testing level.
- Bring your AKC Title Application and Tricks Check List with you to the Holiday Party, along with check or cash for $20 per dog to pay the evaluator.
- If your dog successfully completes the evaluation, you will then submit the your paperwork and a $25 application fee to AKC to record and issue the title. Information on this process is detailed on your AKC Trick Dog Title Application.
Deadline: register by Monday, December 2, 2019. Day-of-entry evaluations will be taken only if time is available. Don’t miss out!Trick Dog Entry Form
The Holiday Party and Annual Meeting will be held in the training building at Crystal Creek Farms, Woodinville, WA.
When turning onto the gravel lane from 222nd Street SE, drive SLOWLY all the way down the lane until you come to the end; the driveway forks. Take the left branch of the fork onto Bark Ave and you’re there! Drive SLOW!